Several local organizations including the Community Action Project (CAP) are once again offering FREE tax preparation assistance to qualified Tulsa County residents.
CAP’s tax-preparation program is open to families that earn $50,000 or less and individuals who earn $40,000 or less. People who have been laid off in the past year also can take advantage of the free program.
Last year, the agency prepared more than 17,000 returns and helped clients get $29 million in refunds, said Linda Brock, the organization’s communications specialist.
Call 382-3333 to make an appointment at one of the following locations:
- Bank of Oklahoma, 1604 N. Lewis Ave.
- Community room Exchange Center, 4606 S. Garnett Road, Suite 100
- McClure Early Childhood Center, 6150 S. Yorktown Ave.
- Tulsa Educare, 2511 E. Fifth Place
- Eugene Field Early Childhood Center, 1120 W. 22nd St.
- Sand Springs Early Childhood Center, 1701 E. Park Road
What to bring:
- Photo identification
- Social Security cards for each member of the family
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2009
- All 1099s for other income, if applicable
- Other tax-related documents
- Childcare provider name, address and tax ID number
- Voided check for automatic deposit
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- If married filing jointly, both spouses need to be present to sign return
Source: Tulsa World